QUIKLOOK 3-FS – Advanced Topics: Course 1428
This 3 day course starts with a brief review of QUIKLOOK 3- FS valve diagnostic system software confirms student familiarity with test setups, pressure and travel channels, and the objectives of all available test procedures. The course is based on a structured combination of lectures and handson labs to teach students how to identify problems in control valve assemblies. Emphasis is placed on determining and confirming overall control valve health and condition by examining each of the major components of the assembly: I/P, positioner, actuator, and valve body. Report generation and some field tips are also presented. To capitalize on learning from shared experiences, students are encouraged to bring in test data from an interesting scenario or a current problem.
Students who complete this course will:
• Select the appropriate QUIKLOOK 3-FS valve diagnostic system test for a given scenario.
• Understand the impact of scan rates on the appearance and interpretation of acquired data.
• Analyze valve diagnostic test data to determine overall control valve health by evaluating the
condition of the various components of the assembly.
• Identify multiple anomalies in a single assembly.
• Use QUIKLOOK 3-FS functions to generate Quick Reports.
• Learn how to perform a step test on a discrete valve without interrupting power to the valve.
• Review of various valve diagnostic tests and specific objectives of each
• Impact of Test Configuration Errors
• Data Interpretation from Tests of “Bugged” Valve Assembles
• Multiple Anomalies Found in Control Valves
• Exporting Data
• Generating Quick Reports
• Interpretation of Difficult Uncovered Control Valve Problems