Valve Trim and Body Maintenance: Course 1400
This 3-day course explains how valves and actuators function and how they are installed and calibrated. It emphasizes installation, troubleshooting, parts replacement, and calibration of control valves, actuators, and digital valve controllers.
Students who complete this course will:
- Correctly perform installation procedures
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Properly apply and calibrate, FIELDVUE digital valve controllers
- Change valve trim, gaskets and packing
- Control Valve Terminology
- Globe Valves
- Actuators, and Digital Valve Controllers
- Bench Set
- Seat Leak Testing
- Ball Valves
- Butterfly Valves
- Eccentric Disc Valves
- Valve Characteristics
This introductory course is for valve mechanics, maintenance personnel, instrument technicians, and others who are responsible for maintaining control valves, actuators and control valve instrumentation.
Some experience in instrument calibration and in control valve maintenance, installation, and operation would be helpful.